- Beeswax: Used as the base for Keeper of the Ink, beeswax is known for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. A natural humectant, it helps to speed wound healing and protect skin from the elements.
- Olive Oil: All of our herbal components are infused in olive oil, known for its moisturizing benefits and ability to keep for longer than other oils. When applied to the skin, it provides long lasting moisture, as well as antioxidant Vitamins A and K.
- Comfrey: A superb wound healing herb, comfrey contains allantoin, a cell proliferant that helps repair damaged tissues. It also contains mucilage and tannins, which help to soothe skin scrapes and bruises.
- Cottonwood: Called Balm of Gilead, cottonwood bud resin has been used for thousands of years to heal inflamed or irritated skin. Its healing constituents are many, from flavonoids to salicin, making it a favorite of herbalists. This oil effectively helps prevent infections, reduce inflammation, and assists with pain management.
- St. JohnÕs Wort: Infused oil of St. JohnÕs Wort stimulates tissue repair, and is commonly used to treat sunburns and other wounds. It is also thought to reduce nerve pain when massaged into the skin of affected areas.
- Stellaria: This herb is wonderful for soothing and cooling irritated tissues, and is known for its ability to reduce itchiness (a must for healing tattoos!). ItÕs great for abrasions, skin ulcerations, and mild to moderate burns.
- Lavender: Promotes healing of minor skin abrasions, and helps relieve inflammation and itching.
- Vitamin E: A natural preservative, vitamin E also has powerful antioxidant properties, helping to keep skin supple and healthy.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.